Graduate School of Business
Click Here to Contact Fordham School of Business directly
MBA Degree Programs
- Traditional MBA (concentrations: Accounting; Communications and Media Management; Finance; Information Systems; Management Systems; Marketing)
- MBA in Public Accounting and MS in Taxation (MTA)
- Joint MBA and MS in Information Systems
- MS in Taxation
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Communications and Media Management
- MS in Quantitative Finance
- MS in Information Systems
- Executive MBA
- Joint JD/MBA
- Global Professional MBA
- Fordham participates in the Post-9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program. Fordham has reaffirmed its commitment to cover all tuition costs and fees for Post-9/11 veterans (or dependents). That guarantee applies to any of our three campuses and to any of the 10 schools to which the student is admitted to. For more information please visit our website.
- Military service does count towards years of work experience on a prospective student’s application. All military students are also welcome to take waiver exams for core classes in their first term at Fordham.
- Since May 2010, we have graduated 16 MBAs with a military background. For example, Steve Moylan is a current student at Fordham Graduate School of Business.
"I really liked that the Fordham MBA program runs on a trimester schedule, not the traditional semester schedule. Coming out of the Marine Corps I wanted to finish an MBA program as quickly as possible, and Fordham allows students to do that while providing a great education. Fordham also has demonstrated a strong commitment to student veterans with the Yellow Ribbon program, which will save me several thousand dollars by the time I complete the program. The school has a tremendous reputation in Metro New York and its location in the heart of Manhattan is yet another attractive attribute. Lastly, because Fordham is a Jesuit school, there is a strong focus on ethics and values, which was important to me as a Catholic student as well as a veteran. The values and principles that we lived by in the Marine Corps are present on the campus of Fordham University."
- Steven Moylan
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from accredited undergraduate institution
- GMAT score
- Professional resume
- 2 years of work experience
- Personal statements and recommendations
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
$1,158 per credit (2011-2012)
Description of Learning Environment for Students
Situated in a pleasant campus in the middle of Manhattan, adjacent to Lincoln Center, a short subway ride to Wall Street, and within walking distance of major banks and multi-national corporations, we think we have the perfect setting for learning about the breadth and depth of contemporary business thought and practice. Served by an internationally diverse faculty of scholars who tap the pulse of business in New York City, our MBA students benefit from focus on four main themes that run through all our programs: Business in the Global Political Economy; Business in a Money Center; Business and Media; and the Societal Value of Business. And there is more to come, as we are attuned to the ever evolving global business context and New York’s connection to it.
At Fordham Graduate School of Business Administration (GBA), we give each student a flexible means of navigating the various options of study. We strive to provide a relevant and rigorous graduate business education for full-time, part-time, and executive program participants alike. Our dynamic student clubs enhance the connection to the world of business and to our expansive network of alumni, friends, and partners.
- Full-time Instructors: Men 60%, Women, 40%, Minorities 15%
- Tenured Faculty: Men 65%, Women 35%, Minorities 12%
- 95 percent of faculty hold the Ph.D. or other terminal degree. Average class size: 22; Jesuits at Fordham: 41; Jesuits among faculty: 26; Jesuits in University administration: 15.
- April 2009- USNews & World Report 2010 Business Specialty Rankings ranked Fordham’s Finance MBA 21st in the nation and the Part-time MBA program was ranked 30th out of more than 100 schools.
- April 2010 - U.S. News & World Report ranked Fordham 25th in the nation for its executive MBA (EMBA) program and 23rd nationally for its graduate program in marketing.